After Passing my CCIE in Routing and Switching i was a little concerned regarding the selection of my next track, due i can’t leave it like this for only one CCIE, so i researched and shared my all concerns regarding the Service Provider track and Security Track, then i come to the point that my next track will be Service Provider.
Earning my CCIE in R&S and starting my next Track should have been with proper planning, i took a good 1 or 2 week of rest after the lab exam but that is enough for me, my family is happy and me too 😉
I start gathering some information regarding the Service Provider Track and it seems very interesting track that i would enjoy start studying and preparation, i found below books recommended for the SP Track.
- Routing TCP/IP, Volume I (CCIE Professional Development)
- Routing TCP/IP, Volume II (CCIE Professional Development)
- Internet Routing Architectures (2nd Edition)
- MPLS and VPN Architectures
- Definitive MPLS Network Designs
- MPLS Configuration on Cisco IOS Software
- Developing IP Multicast Networks: The Definitive Guide to Designing and Deploying CISCO IP Multicast Networks
- Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide (IP Telephony Self-Study) (2nd Edition)
- Interdomain Multicast Routing: Practical Juniper Networks and Cisco Systems Solutions
Above are 9 Books recommended for the SP track, the total of 5904 Pages 🙁
This will be almost nice, due i have already finished some of the above books, so the other books are very interesting as per their names and i don’t think that i will face any issue with it.
I tried to make a separate Lab for my SP track, (what i meant is home lab) but the overall cost are vary and i think i can cover these required devices with some of the existing R&S Devices and the Great GNS3. I will also try to compile these devices with some sort of Hardware ( Desktop ), so it will be the next plan, but for now i will concentrate on the Books above.
I also found the great study Video Material from INE.com, trying to find a discounted prices and go for the INE trainings, for now i would like to choose one of the above books as the first step of my SP track and the plan is to start from couple of days after or even from current period.
I will keep posting the best understandable points out of the books and share all the required knowledge for the Track.